Monday, February 16, 2015

Vintage Shopping in Abilene, Part 1


What better way to start my exploration of Texas, then to begin in the town I now call home.....ABILENE.  With a population of 120,000 and an area of 110 square miles, Abilene boasts 29 vintage/antique shops and flea markets.  At least, that's what is listed on the Abilene Convention and Visitors Bureau website.  I'm guessing there are many more and you know I'll find them.
 My first stop was Classic Collections, a little antique mall located on Butternut Street.  There are roughly 40 booths filled with vintage, antique, upcycled and handmade items.  There is definitely something here for everyone.
The two booths above are a couple of my favorites.  Probably because they are so girly and feminine.  
I tried really hard to be good and not buy everything I liked, which is a good thing.  Otherwise, the owls above would now be in my home as well as the lockers.  Wouldn't they make the perfect storage in my craft room?  Absolutely!                             
My next stop was Rust and Roses located on South 1st.  The visuals were so overwhelming I only ended up with these two pictures.  Click on the link above to see all they have to offer on their Facebook page.   Don't y'all think I need that skull on the wall of my craft room?  It would look perfect!
My last stop was Stokes and Company.  It's located right next door to Rust and Roses on South 1st.  It's a one of a kind boutique filled with antiques, gifts, jewelry, clothing and home décor.  They also offer custom furniture painting and the design and building of furniture pieces.  It definitely has more of a boutique feel and the prices reflect that, but the store is absolutely beautiful.  I saw many pieces I would love to have, so I know I'll be back.

So, that's my first venture into the Abilene vintage/antique scene.  I'm hoping to visit a few shops each weekend as time allows.  Next weekend I'll be headed to Buffalo Gap to explore the Buffalo Gap Flea Market (held every third weekend of each month) and the Buffalo Gap Historic Village.  Stay tuned........



One last thing.......for those of you that know me well, you know my love of Dr. Pepper.  LOOK AT THIS SIGN I FOUND!  I need it, right?  It wouldn't look ridiculous at all if it was hanging in my house.  It would be completely normal, don't ya think?


No comments:

Post a Comment